Match Report Prem Res – 4 September, 2005 **Photo**

Match Report Prem Res – 4 September, 2005 **Photo**

Congratulations to the Blue Mountains Prem Reserve Team for winning their Grand Final match against St Marys Band Club. Read the full report below.

vs St Marys Band Club
Opposition Score 1

Prem Res - Grand Final Winners
Match Report BLUEYS PREMIERS IN 2005
On Sunday, 4th September, on a cold European-type soccer weather, Blue Mountains faced up to Bandies in the Final Fame of the Year. The one that matters.

After finishing 4th on the ladder, the Blueys knocked off their more fancied opponents to get to the Grand Final.

The game started according the script that DG and Nigel wrote, with the Blueys scoring in the 7th minute. The lead up to the first goal had the Blueys supporters in raptures, with one spectator, comparing them to one of the best plays that he had seen in a long time. The ball was passed by most of the players, and finally got to AP, who passed the ball to Mat, who made no mistake and placed the ball sweetly in the back of the net. After that the supporters were biting their nails for the players, although the better of the two teams, seemed to have lost their drive, with chances not being converted.

At half time, Nigel really gave it to the players, criticism that was constructive, he told them that they were the better team, that they were playing for pride of Club and themselves, and to play as a team and not individuals. These words were backed up by DG.

The 2nd half started as the 1st with our boys giving it all, and in the 4th minute of the 2nd half, Girds, took the ball down the line, passing it to Mat, who passed it to AP, who scored. Result 2-0.

The boys once again pushed the ball around and looked like the Champions that we know they are, unfortunately a lapse in the 17th minute of the 2nd half saw Bandies score a goal to make it 2-1. The defence of Blueys, held out everything that Bandies threw at them, and at fulltime, the Blueys were deserved champions. All players tried their best, and it worked just fine.

It would be remiss of me if I didn’t give special mention to one of their team, who for unselfish reasons, pulled out from the game today, Brian Ostrowski, had his tonsils removed on Monday and was hoping all week that he would play today, but in the morning rang Nigel to let him know that he was not fit enough to play in today’s game and for the betterment of the Club, he would pull out. I have never been prouder of my son than this morning, as I know how much it meant to him to be on the field.

I would like to wish all the players and coaching staff great success in the season to come, I am sure that there are better things for the Blueys as a Club.