Pre-Season Key Dates
Below is a summary of key calendar dates – by clicking on the links, you can find out more about the event, but also more information applicable to the age group/topic. Hopefully the info in the linked document will answer any queries you may have – if not, please send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you a.s.a.p.
- 1 January – Active Kids vouchers can start being claimed
- 2 January– on-line registrations open on PlayFootball for all players, coaches, managers and Committee members
- 2 January – “Early Bird” registration fees commence: fees have stayed the same since 2017!!!
- 1 February – Registration Day at the club house, Knapsack Park (10am – 2pm)
- 1 & 2 February – Game Training Certificate coaching course (U13-U17 teams) at Glenmore Park FC, Mulgoa Rise
- 7 February – Registration Evening at the club house, Knapsack Park (6pm – 8pm)
- 8/9 February – Grading Days for U11-IM/IW teams (8am – 6pm) … player must be registered prior to attending Grading
- 15 February – MiniRoos Muster Day at Knapsack Park, for U5-U10 teams (10am – 1pm) … but, please also read the note below
- 15/16 February– Grading Days continued for U11-IM/IW teams (8am – 6pm) … player must be registered prior to attending Grading
- 16 February – last day for “Early Bird” registration fees
- 17 February – Standard registration fees commence
- 22/23 February – Grading Days continued for U11-IM/IW teams (8am – 6pm) … player must be registered prior to attending Grading
- 22 February & 14 March – Senior Certificate coaching course (U17+ teams), at Richmond RSL SC, Richmond
- 23 February & 15 March – Skill Training Certificate coaching course (U9-U13 teams) at Springwood FC, Winmalee
- 26 February – registration fees need to be paid & cleared prior to this date, to ensure your team is nominated to play in the 2020 season
- 27 February – Coaches Meeting at the club house, Knapsack Park (6:30pm, 7:15pm or 8:00pm start time)
- 27 February – Senior Teams Muster at the club house, Knapsack Park (7:30pm start)
- 11 March – MiniRoos Coaching Course at Knapsack Park for U5-U9 teams (6pm – 9pm); register for this FREE course by visiting https://education-ffa.sportingpulse.com/event.asp?ID=20800; if this date doesn’t suit, other MiniRoos coaching courses can be found by searching https://www.playfootball.com.au/coach/find-a-course
- 12 March – Managers Meeting at the club house, Knapsack Park (6:30pm or 7:45pm start time)
- 13/14/15 March – trial games (all teams)
- 20/21/22 March – trial games (all teams)
- 27/28/29 March – season start (all teams)
Information for Under 5s to Under 10s (“MiniRoos”)
On Saturday, 15 February, all U5-U10/U10-11G registered players will attend Team Muster to be formed into teams. A player must be registered by Friday, 6:00pm, 14 February, to be included in a team at Team Muster. For players registering after this time and requesting a placement in a specific team, BMFC will try to accommodate that request, provided the team has room for an additional player.
If a registered player is unable to attend Muster, please let us know (via email@example.com) no later than Friday, 6:00pm, 14 February – also let us know if requesting placement in a specific team.
Coaches and Managers for the U5-U10 teams are chosen at Team Muster and must be registered by this date to ensure that their team can participate this season.
Accredited coaches are mandatory for U5-U9 teams – for information on coaching courses, visit https://www.playfootball.com.au/coach/find-a-course for a list of coaching courses being held.
For those new to football/soccer, U5s-U7s play at Knapsack Park every Saturday morning (excluding the middle weekend of public school holidays). Training sessions of skills/drills commence at 9:00am; games commence at ~9:30am.
For MiniRoos game details and rules for each age group, click here.