Match Report – 14.Girls – 06/05/2023


Match Report – 14.Girls – Game Date: 06/05/2023


BMFC 14.Girls: 0
Springwood United FC: 4

BMFC Goal Scorers:

Player of the Match:

Match Report:

At 11am sharp, the girls took to the field. It was their first game with the full team, a full bench and no injuries. Would this be the day to put some points on the board?
The whistle blew and the game was on.
For the first 20 minutes the ball flowed back and forth between the halves. There were chances had and chances held.
Then at 11.06 an unlucky handball in the box resulted in a direct penalty against the Blueys.
A nervous hush fell upon the field.
The Ref stepped forward, whistle at the ready… and told our goalie Ainsley to stand on the line.
The Ref stepped forward, whistle at the ready… and told Ainsley she needed to tie her shoelace.
The Ref stepped forward, whistle at the ready… and told Ainsley that it would be easier to tie her shoelaces if she removed her gloves.
The Ref stepped forward, whistle at the ready… and blew.
A clever kick to the right hand side slipped past Ainsley and Springwood were ahead 1 nil.
Undeterred, the Blueys pushed forward and at the half time whistle, both sides held firm. The score remained 1 Nil. Last week, they were down 2 Nil at half time and ended on a 2 all draw.
Would this be the Blueys Day? Could they come back from being 1 down? The question was asked and Springwood had the answer… not this week, at least.
A few minutes into the 2nd half, a dream run down the right wing from Springwood No.9 saw her slip the ball past no fewer than 4 of our team to put the ball into the net. It was now 2 nil.
Despite some great saves, bold moves and strong defence, it was not to be our game today.
Springwood crept forward and kept the pressure on throughout the rest of the half. Twice more the Blueys defences were breached.
Just in the last seconds, there was a final burst of energy. The team moved forward. The ball was ours. B3 to B2, Josie to Evie, Evie to Catlin and back to B2. The heat was on… but so was the whistle.
The game was over and the score 4 to 0.
While it was not a victory, the mood remains high. Next week we head down to Richmond to kick some goals!