Match Report O35.3 (27-05-2012)

Match Report O35.3 (27-05-2012)





St Marys Band Club



Match Report

We should have photo week, every week – everyone (yep, inlcuding Axe and Roberto) at the ground over an hour before kick off. Any more professional and we could be the Prems.

And so we welcomed our friends from St Marys. Knowing a good result was being able to walk come the final whistle, we knew this was going to be a physical game. We welcomed back Roberto at the heart of defence playing alongside the consistent Hoff.

The extra man, Intensity, in front of the back four again proved invaluable as we were hard to break down all game. Dicky Knee came on for Intensity late in the first half and for most of the second and is showing what a great asset he is in this role.

We took the lead mid way through the first half. The ball found Harry free inside the 18 yard box. Despite the calls for off side, he wasn’t, Harry rifled the ball across the keeper and into the bottom left hand corner. 1-0. Band Club equalised not too much later with a shot that the Hoff deflected over the wrong footed Leeds. 1-1.

A shoulder-to-shoulder challenge between Ipswich and his mate Fish saw the latter go to the ground like a sack of potatoes about 2 seconds after the contact. Mini-Me was blatantly scythed and had to go off late in the half. A few minutes later, Ipswich pinged a ball over the defence for La Celeste to run onto and calmly knock past the oncoming keeper. 2-1, half time.

The whinging, cynical tackling and all-round bad sportsmanship from Band Club cranked up to to a new level in the second half. Fortunately we had a strong referee that kept on top of things. Weight of possession told as Band Club equalised inside the first 15 minutes of the second half. 2-2.

We battled hard all half and should have taken the lead late in the game. La Celeste dashed through onto a through ball, getting there before the keeper, who was left stranded out of his box. La Celeste looked up and squared for Dicky who had burst into the box. Dicky met the cross but unfortunately skyed the ball over the bar. The final whislte blew not long after and a point a piece it was.


After the game La Celeste told Dicky what he thought of his miss – I managed to capture the moment, see the photo.

Player of the week was between Intensity, Dicky and Roberto. Being an experienced U9 Coach, I knew the importance of sharing the award around and as Intensity and Dicky had won it previously, Roberto got to take the trophy and the laminated certificate home for the week.

Goal Scorers

Harry, La Celeste

Player of the Match